Sold $450,000 - Business
Paradise in the Jungle, steps from the Beach….
As a highly successful Vacation Rental, Casa Bonita has made $46,000 in its first 12 months, and with lots of bookings already we anticipate earnings of $55,000+ for our second year. (In our first year we took off three months for family visits and deck work, and my in-laws stayed in the one bedroom casita, us in the two bedroom casita, for November-February, which is most of the ‘high season’. If we had focused entirely on booking vacation rentals our first year would have brought in a fair bit more!). Business information can be provided. Excellent business opportunity. Perfect for combined families. One-bedroom cottage can be used as care-taker accommodation. We have just completed an expansion of the main house deck (June 2014) to provide more space for lounging and watching the toucans and monkeys in the trees. Additional site cleared and plans available for another casita: one bedroom, or one bedroom plus loft!
Plans for a kidney shaped swimming pool, complete with engineering stamps included in the purchase. Full title, separated from the Playa Chiquita finca and passed by the registry, 2015.
Our total square meters for the 3 houses is: 275.6 m2 (2911 ft2)
Casa Bonita: MAIN HOUSE (175m2) Construction: The Main House was designed by the owners, then drawn up by an Architect for Engineering and stamping by the Costa Rican government. The construction was done under permit. The owner has been working as a carpenter, designer and cabinet maker in Canada for 20 years and built this house using Canadian building practices and to Canadian building standards. All wood choices and construction decisions were made to prevent insect infestation and to create a house that is easy to maintain and is appropriate for the climate of the Talamanca.
• Steel framing of roof, walls and floor joists on the main
• Concrete block bathroom walls
• Nispero and steel floor joists for second floor
• Metal roof (white)
• Foundation engineered for 3 story construction
• Hardwood floors Nispero (main), Sura (up), Campano (deck)
• Windows, sliding doors and interior/exterior doors custom made with Sedro(Cedar) and glass.
• Post and wooden steps to house made of Almendro (Almond tree)
• Separate Septic and Gray Water systems
• #0 Electrical Cable to House
• Whole house beautifully trimmed in tropical hardwoods by owner who is an exceptional finish carpenter!
Features of Main Floor:
• Two large bedrooms with ensuite tiled bathrooms
• Telephone and wifi router
• Hot water tank services showers on main floor
• Kitchen sink on main floor is on Municipal (potable) water, but can be switched to well
• Well dug in November, 2011 during drought. Fills to top quickly and consistently. 5m deep. Has submersible pump.
• Ceiling fans on main floor
• Lots of outlets!
• Pot lights on main floor give excellent lighting.
• Canadian made GE stainless steel fridge and electric stove/oven
• Double basin sink with pull-out faucet
• Concrete countertop
• Sliding door with deadbolt. Spare tumbler and keys kept in safe.
• Safe box
• 2 queen sized beds w/side tables
• Bedroom and bathrooms are thoroughly screen against insects
• Custom designed u-shaped sofa with firm foam cushions.
• Stools at kitchen counter/breakfast bar
• Plenty of storage/shelving in kitchen and in bedrooms
• Beautiful tile work in kitchen and bathrooms
• Almendro (almond tree) countertops in bathrooms
• Spacious shower stalls
• Dual flush toilets with soft close seats
• Large mirrors over sinks
• Sedro insect screened windows in bathrooms
• Sheets sets imported from Canada
• Hanging ball and star lights designed and made by a local artisan
• Accessed by two staircases
• Plenty of space to hang more hammocks
• Deck features comfortable rattan furniture and a table and chairs for lounging, eating, playing cards!
• Under the deck, behind the staircase you will find an assortment of usable PVC tubing, hardwood and steel for future building projects
Features of the Upstairs Loft:
• Accessed by spiral staircase
• Spacious balcony with full railing and gate
• Decorative iron work between balcony and living quarters
• 2 Adirondack chairs for lounging on the balcony
• Room to hang hammocks
• Living space screened against insects
• 1 queen sized bed w/side table
• 1 bunk bed
• Locally made Table and 4 chairs
• Large kitchen with bar fridge and two burner hotplate
• Concrete Countertop
• Hook-up for washer/dryer
• Safe Box (large)
• Shelving for storage
• Tiled large shower stall with on-demand hot water
• Dual flush toilet with soft-close seat
• Large Capacity Whirlpool Washer/Dryer purchased 2014
• Tiled floor
• Lights and workbench with plug-ins
• Large assortment of gardening and maintenance tools
• Sheet sets and towels for all houses in sealed Rubbermaid bins
Second House: ONE BEDROOM COTTAGE (33m2) Construction:
• Concrete block construction
• Steel roof joists and steel roof (white)
• Newly tiled floor
• Well water and municipal water (excellent pressure)
• Sedro windows with bug net
• Upper open areas fully bug-netted
• Solid wood doors
Features of the One Bedroom Cottage:
• Veranda with kitchen and living space
• Apartment-sized fridge with frost-free freezer
• Propane 4-burner stove
• Concrete counter
• Sedro shelving in kitchen
• Breakfast bar with two stools
• 2 Adirondac chairs
• 2 hammock chairs
• Desk and chair
• Lots of shelving
• Queen-sized bed and end table
• Lots of outlets
• Large Safe Box
• Shelving in bedroom
• Hanging ball and star lights by local artisan
• Spacious shower stall with on-demand hot water
• Dual flush toilet with soft-close seat
• Well ventilated and cool
• Easy to maintain
• Plants provide a gorgeous privacy screen between all houses
• Hammock zone between the two cottages (2 hammocks)
Third House: NEW TWO BEDROOM COTTAGE (70m2) (Completed November 2013)
• Two bedrooms with full ensuite bathrooms (One with queen bed, one with bunk bed)
• Hot water tank
• Full kitchen with 4-burner gas stove and large wood-top island, double-basin sink
• Living room area with 2 comfortable love seats
• Lounge area with hammock
• Beautiful locally made light fixtures
• Hardwood floor
• Large windows/ventilation screens with secure decorative steel latticework
• Bright modern space (Japanese/Caribbean/Modern aesthetic)
• Gorgeous finish carpentry and built-ins
• Large safe box
• Built up off the ground on poured foundation
THE LOT (2300m2)
• Parking for 2-3 cars behind Main House
• Fully fenced
• Bodega(shed) full of tools and gardening equipment
• Pumphouse, well, and extra water storage behind bodega and out of view-lines
• Arching concrete bridge over stream to access fire pit in top left portion of lot
• 2 lime trees, abundant bananas, and a myriad of flowering trees and bushes
• Outdoor shower near one bedroom cottage
• 5 coconut trees!!
• Lot mostly level, but with a gentle grade that allows for excellent drainage
• Central grassy area is clear and ready for a family swimming pool!
• We have legal title on this lot and can include our corporation in the purchase
• Copies of plans for a swimming pool, stamped by the college of engineers, can be included with the purchase
• Copies of the wiring and architectural plans can be included with purchase
• All tools for maintenance and gardening are included
• Manuals for all pumps and appliances are in the Main House safe box on the main floor.
• A list of workers that we have used to maintain the property can be provided, as well as contacts for further development projects.
• Private from all neighbors with gorgeous gardens, bamboo and hibiscus hedges, two gates and fencing of whole property.